How are you styling and decorating your wedding venue? Have you thought about how you will style your wedding ceremony? Many couples are now opting for alternative venues for their ceremony rather than churches, but how do you make the space more personal and in-keeping with the rest of your wedding day?
The easiest way is to add a stylish and cool backdrop to create a focal point for your ceremony. Here are 10 wedding ceremony backdrop ideas to make your wedding ceremony unforgettable.
- Use a simple frame and suspend old glass decanters and stoppers at differing heights; this will allow them to catch the light. Then, add a stem of colourful flowers to each decanter in your wedding colours for an eye-catching floral display.
- The industrial look is really popular at the moment. Use panels of old corrugated iron work for your industrial wedding and ask guests to graffiti it later as a cool keepsake after the big day.
- Following the industrial theme, scaffolding is perfect for creating a frame, off which to hang flowers and lights as an unusual industrial backdrop. You could also use wire mesh panels like those pictured.
- If you want a romantic look, old gates look stunning with some flowers and greenery added to soften them.
- Silver birch is wonderful for using as posts for a rustic approach. Attach some pretty fairy lights for added romance.
- Add a touch of colour by hanging fabric from a simple bar suspended from the ceiling, and decorate with lighting. Alternatively, hanging glass baubles with candles in them from the bar is a great way to add a subtle backdrop.
- Suspend a cluster of lanterns for a simple and effective ceremony backdrop. Choose lanterns of different sizes to create some definition.
- Traditional wooden arches are perfect for a pretty backdrop. Add urns of flowers and foliage to either side and decorate the arch with some simple flowers to match your wedding theme.
- Add collections of crates and galvanised pails with olive and bay trees, and box balls to keep things neutral and stylish.
- Flower walls are a big trend this year. From paper flowers to the real thing, you can create a ceremony backdrop to be as dramatic or as simple as you want.
If you want to keep things traditional, decorating wooden arches with fabrics or flowers can transform your ceremony space.
Guest post by Lindsey Hunter of Get Knotted
Image from Julie Roberts Photographic Artist