When choosing your wedding venue, why not try and find one that fits in with the style of your wedding? Here is a selection of wedding venues that particularly suit certain styles of wedding…
Vintage Modern Wedding – Upwaltham Barns, West Sussex
One of the prettiest and sunniest venues in the South of England, Upwaltham Barns is a set of traditional flint long barns surrounded by the beautiful South Downs.
The warm and friendly atmosphere of this family-owned venue reflects the love and care poured into the restoration of the barns. Original stonework, wooden beams and neutral colour tones create a warm, tranquil atmosphere in this fabulously vintage wedding venue.
Jasmine Cottage is a delightful hideaway available for the wedding couple on the day and night of the wedding. Decorated in the French ‘shabby chic’ style with vintage furniture, it has its own open-plan sitting room/kitchen on the ground floor and a spacious bedroom with en-suite upstairs, complete with a Juliet balcony.
- Licensed for civil ceremonies and seats up to 170 guests for dining
- Adjoining bar area with leather sofas, rugs and a real fire
- Pretty courtyard perfect for drinks, a hog roast or barbecue
- Gardens and surrounding land for scenic country photo opportunities
- Moroccan snug area with cushions and candles
Elegant Wedding – Kirtlington Park, Oxfordshire
Kirtlington Park is an elegant Grade I listed mansion house close to Oxford. This privately owned wedding venue lies within historic grounds designed by the famous landscape gardener ‘Capability’ Brown.
With its sweeping staircases, decorative plasterwork and antique furniture, Kirtlington Park exudes grandeur and elegance. The venue’s fine reception rooms include the elegant Hall which can seat up to 120 guests for dining, the Saloon for dancing, the lovely Grey Drawing Room and the Monkey Room with its famous painted ceiling.
The elegant reception rooms, beautiful paintings, history and breathtaking surroundings will captivate you and your guests. Kirtlington Park is a wonderfully elegant and sophisticated setting for weddings.
- Licensed for civil ceremonies
- Private changing room and bedroom for the wedding couple
- Excellent views over the gardens to the Chiltern Hills beyond
- Easy access to the M40
- Fantastic photo opportunities
Wedding Outside – Gaynes Park, Essex
Whether you choose to hold your ceremony inside the stunning Mill Barn supported by tree trunks, or outside in the open-sided Gather Barn, Gaynes Park is the perfect outdoor wedding venue.
An outdoor wedding in the UK always carries an element of risk; you never know what the weather will be like. At Gaynes Park you won’t have to worry about a thing. Licensed for outdoor ceremonies in the listed Gather Barn, the light and airy Orangery is also available. Located in the pretty Walled Garden, the Orangery is a stunning setting to exchange your vows. Your entrance down the garden aisle and into the Orangery will be breathtaking, and your guests can enjoy views of the colourful gardens. The Orangery offers a reliable option to those looking for an outdoor wedding. With the floor to ceiling windows open, you and your guests can enjoy the outdoors at this stunning venue, come rain or shine.
- Just 10 minutes from the M25 and M11 and close to London
- The spectacular Mill Barn can accommodate up to 150 guests for dining and 200 for an evening reception
- The Pavilion, with twinkling fairy lights, sweeping drive and views of the London skyline, creates photo opportunities
- In house Events Team Galloping Gourmet offers a fine dining experience and will help co-ordinate your day
- Beautifully restored Apple Loft cottage available for the wedding couple on the day and night
Funky – Redhouse Barn, Worcestershire
Redhouse Barn is the ultimate funky wedding venue. The owners built this stunning wedding venue with technology in mind. Geared up with all the latest gadgets, Redhouse Barn exudes trendiness and eco-chic.
With a state-of-the-art Bose sound system installed throughout the venue, you and your guests can enjoy the party from whichever room you are in. The real clincher for this wedding venue has to be the ultra-funky LED colour changing dance floor and floor spotlights.
- Licensed for civil wedding and partnership ceremonies for up to 150 guests
- Close to major roads, rail links and airports, and set within beautiful rolling countryside
- Stylish bridal suite available to use throughout the day
- Made up of three linked barns allowing plenty of space
- Ultra-modern ‘Pinches’ Lounge with licensed bar and snug area with wood burning stove
Romantic – Wasing Park, Berkshire
Wasing Park is an exquisite, award-winning venue set in the grounds of a privately owned estate. This stunning barn combines traditional and contemporary.
Approached by a long sweeping drive and surrounded by an abundance of trees and flowers, Wasing Park looks wonderful and enchanting in the light of day. When the evening arrives, it transforms into a romantic and intimate wedding location adorned with twinkling lights, making it the perfect setting for your romantic wedding.
The stunning Stable Lodge boutique, available on the day and night of the wedding, provides 10 stylish en suite bedrooms plus a Honeymoon Suite for the wedding couple. The luxurious and modern Honeymoon Suite provides the bride and her bridesmaids with plenty of room to get ready in comfort. With mood lighting, spacious en suite with modern roll top bath, and ‘the biggest bed in Berkshire’, a romantic evening awaits the wedding couple at the end of the day.
- The Castle Barn seats up to 150 guests for dining and 200 for an evening reception
- Accessible from the M4, M3 and London
- On-site 15th Century chapel for church ceremonies
- The Garden Room licensed for civil ceremonies and partnerships
- Exquisite hand-painted Victorian Summerhouse for outdoor ceremonies
- Exclusive use
Luxurious – Claridge’s, London
With a history of state banquets and royal receptions, this legendary grand hotel in Mayfair is an exceptionally luxurious setting for weddings.
Several sumptuous reception rooms are available for use throughout the day, including the sophisticated Ballroom with its 1930s style, marble and mirrors seating up to 240 guests for dining. The elegant and airy Rococo-style French Salon is ideal for dancing and evening entertainment, and The Mirror Room, with its dazzling style of beautiful mirrors and large windows, is a wonderful room for dancing and displaying food stations.
With such magnificent surroundings you will be spoilt for choice, and your guests will enjoy being a part of such an extravagant setting. Claridge’s combines timeless elegance and lavish comfort, and is the ultimate luxury wedding venue.
- Seating for up to 192 for dining – extend into other rooms if required
- Up to 800 guests when hiring Claridge’s exclusively
- Licensed for civil ceremonies and partnerships
- Suitable for small or large weddings
- Dedicated personal wedding co-ordinators
- In-house caterers with an extensive menu choice
Guest post by Tania Barnes of Country House Wedding Venues
Upwaltham Barns: Hector Photo
Kirtlington Park: Guy Collier Photography
Wasing Park: Studio Rouge
All Other Images Provided by Country House Wedding Venues