Nothing reminds us of summer more than freshly mown grass, flower-filled gardens and light summer evenings. When warmer weather finally arrives in Britain there is no place we’d rather be, which is why summer is a beautiful time to celebrate your wedding day. Decorate your wedding venue with citrus colours, bright flowers and colourful bunting, and serve your guests refreshing flutes of Pimm’s and a light menu to create the perfect summer theme.
Here are five wedding venues perfect for different styles of summer wedding…
Marquee Summer Wedding Venue
Licensed for civil wedding and partnership ceremonies in a romantic Riverside Chalet, the wedding couple stand beneath a waterside gazebo. Situated close to the gazebo, reach the main marquee, where wedding breakfast and evening receptions take place, across a charming bridge over a stream.
- Seating for up to 200 guests in a marquee
- Magnificent Tudor Grade I listed farmhouse provides a wonderful backdrop for wedding photos
- Approved contractors Super Event available to help plan and co-ordinate your day
Sitting on the edge of the Peak District National Park, Shottle Hall is a stunning Victorian country house surrounded by acres of beautiful landscaped gardens and parkland.
This delightful Derbyshire wedding venue is suitable for both intimate and larger summer marquee weddings. Its picturesque setting boasts beautifully manicured gardens where you and your guests can make the most of a warm summer’s day outside.
- Seating for up to 80 guests for indoor dining or 150 guests in a marquee
- Licensed for civil ceremonies
- Traditional Bed and Breakfast accommodation on-site
Very Special Outdoor Ceremony
A ceremony enjoyed outdoors in the beautiful sunshine is definitely sure to add a bit of summer to your wedding day and venue. Surrounded by extensive grounds, Wasing Park is a delightful summer wedding venue licensed to hold civil ceremonies and partnerships.
The Victorian Summerhouse is a perfect location for your outdoor civil ceremony or blessing. Beautifully hand-painted, a mural with butterflies, birds and cherry blossom is a romantic setting for your summertime wedding ceremony.
- In the event of bad weather, ceremonies can also take place in the Garden Room
- Parish Church of St. Nicholas available within the grounds for church weddings
- Seating for up to 150 guests for dining and up to 200 for an evening reception in the Castle Barn
- 10 luxurious en-suite bedrooms and Honeymoon Suite available in the boutique Stables Lodge
Gardens and Games
Imagine spending your wedding day in a setting similar to that described in a Jane Austin novel. Kirtlington Park is an elegant Grade I listed mansion house seven miles north of Oxford. With large doors opening out on to a beautiful terrace area and magnificent views of the Chiltern Hills beyond, it’s the perfect setting to tie the knot with your Mr Darcy.
- Licensed for civil ceremonies and seating for up to 120 guests for indoor dining
- Interior features two sweeping staircases, decorative plasterwork and antique furniture providing magnificent surroundings
- Venue hire includes the elegant Hall, the Saloon for dancing, the Grey Drawing Room and the Sitting Room
- Private changing room and overnight accommodation for the wedding couple
Beach Summer Wedding Venue
If you’re happy to travel, a truly unique and perfect summer wedding venue awaits you. It is hard to compete with a wedding venue set in foreign lands, especially if it overlooks the beach and sea beyond.
- Capacity for up to 120 guests for dining and up to 150 guests for drinks and canapés
- Fresh Mediterranean food served from in-house caterers
- Live music and dancing welcome
- Blessings and humanist ceremonies can take place in the Thai Pagoda
Guest post by Tania Barnes of Country House Wedding Venues
Images from venues