For couples looking for a wedding venue that is a little bit different from the norm, here are four funky/unusual wedding venues…
Duncton Mill, West Sussex
Duncton Mill is a pretty marquee wedding venue perfect for a spring/summer wedding. Surrounded by lakes and wildlife, a rowing boat is available as a fun addition to your day. Decorated with pretty bunting and cushions, the boat is moored on a wooden jetty outside the marquee. The venue owner dons a dinner jacket and is ready to row your guests around the lakes to enjoy the pretty surroundings of this beautiful wedding venue.
- Located in the countryside of the South Downs
- Fantastic setting for a summer fête style wedding
- The venue’s wedding team will help organise your day
Redhouse Barn, Worcestershire
Set within beautiful rolling countryside, Redhouse Barn is the ultimate funky wedding venue. Made up of three linked barns, this trendy eco-chic wedding barn is geared with the latest gadgets, such as state-of-the-art Bose sound system and funky LED colour changing dance floor.
- Ultra-modern ‘Pinches’ Lounge with licensed bar and snug area
- Licensed for civil ceremonies for up to 150 guests
- Stylish bridal suite available to use throughout the day
Coltsford Mill, Surrey
A stylish waterside wedding venue nestled amongst beautiful grounds, lakes and tranquil pools, Coltsford Mill forms part of an old working mill, providing a beautiful setting for your day. The rustic yet charming Mill Room is a unique setting for your exchange of vows, with the original mill workings illuminated behind glass creating an unusual focal point.
- Half an hour from London and Kent
- Licensed for ceremonies up to 150 guests
- Events Team to help co-ordinate your day
Wasing Park, Berkshire
This is a barn wedding venue with a difference. Wasing Park’s castle-like features and crenelated stone walls create an elegant and dramatic backdrop. The stylish and spacious Castle Barn is full of character, featuring bespoke Italian mood lighting, oak beams and flooring. The barn’s entertainment stage, dance floor and licensed bar ensure you and your guests party into the evening.
- Surrounded by extensive parkland
- Ceremonies held in the Garden Room or outdoors in the Victorian Summerhouse
- Boutique style accommodation for the wedding couple and guests
Guest post by Tania Barnes of Country House Wedding Venues
Duncton Mill: Annamarie Stepney Photography
Redhouse Barn: Provided by Country House Wedding Venues
Coltsford Mill: Paul Fletcher Photography
Wasing Park: Studio Rouge