I wanted to share this very special wedding menu with you from a wedding that was an absolute delight to cater for. Essential to its success was an incredibly fun, relaxed couple, their lovely guests, a fabulous marquee in a London square and a very well behaved Jack Russell.
Let me set the scene… The couple were owners of the most adorable Jack Russell, and in his honour they named each of the tables after a breed of dog (Labrador, Spaniel, Dalmatian) and decorated with a canine topiary master piece. I have never seen anything like it. It shouldn’t have worked, but it really did.
The couple wanted an “interactive and fun but still formal” menu, so we opted to create stuffed pork loins to carve at each table by a specially chosen guest. The chief carvers found out when they found a personalised chef’s hat, apron and a knife at their place setting. The couple also wanted an element of tongue-in-cheek (lots of vodka) and to finish with a separate dessert for girls and boys: dark and masculine vs light and fruity.
So, this was their interactive and fun but still formal wedding menu…
- Bloody Mary shots
- Vodka cured salmon tian with avocado, mascarpone and micro shoots
- Homemade herb, lemon and wholemeal bread
- Carved at the table: Roast loin of pork stuffed with apricots and sage, served with a rich cider jus, apple sauce, mustard and crackling
- Piled high dishes of dauphinoise, roasted beets, carrots, fennel, red onion and zucchini, fine French beans, shallots and garlic
- Girls: Sicilian lemon cheesecake, shots of passion fruit jelly and passion fruit marshmallows
- Boys: Molten chocolate fondant, Harrow mess and chocolate dipped strawberries
Guest post by Julie Gray of Bovingdons
Images from Capture It