Everyone loves something to nibble with a drink, and a few tasty bites with your first glass of Champagne will stop the bubbles going straight to your head!
Select your wedding canapés to fit your theme or style, and make sure even the smallest morsel is big on flavour and looks amazing. You can be as daring or as unpredictable as you like, and serve mouthfuls on spoons, or delicious concoctions in shot glasses.
Canapés served from trays by waiting staff will create the most formal feel to your event. We also like to distribute pretty bowls of ‘posh nibbles’ such as parmesan and rosemary shortbreads, lamb kofta skewers, or roasted pecans and almonds in smoked paprika, so guests can help themselves.
Warm Autumn Canapés
You might want to think about serving a few warm canapés at an autumn wedding. Here are a few ideas:
- Mini gourmet sausages split and filled with spring onion mash
- A shot glass of butternut squash, sage and honey soup, with parsley puree and a parmesan wafer
- Mini gourmet burgers with tomato and chilli jam and a shot glass of skinny fries
- Montgomery cheddar scones with sage butter and crispy pancetta
- Wild mushroom and tarragon tarts
- A cone of herby fish goujons with a chunky chip and a blob of homemade tartare sauce
And here are some of my perennial canapé favourites:
- Mini smoked salmon sandwiches with lemon and chive butter (because every wedding should feature smoked salmon)
- Crushed baby broad beans with mint and lemon ricotta bruschetta
- Bruschetta with caramelised red onions in balsamic and thyme, crispy pancetta and shavings of parmesan
- Roasted Mediterranean vegetable tortilla cubes
- Roasted sweet red pepper tarts with basil oil
- Duck rillete with caramelised apple crostini
Guest post by Karen Kemp of Kemp and Kemp Catering
Image from Kemp and Kemp