We all watched in awe as Prince Harry lifted Meghan Markle’s stunning veil to reveal her beautiful, natural glow. Make-up artists across globe have rejoiced in Daniel Martin’s make-up mastery, and we hope it will spark off a new wave of ‘barely there’ make-up to replace the heavily contoured, HD browed, pouty celebrity look of late.
With Meghan Markle’s wedding make-up look reportedly costing over £18,000, how on earth are we supposed to keep up? Also, with a high price tag product list from Dior reading ‘coming soon’, we will surely miss out to a sea of YouTube beauty bloggers on nabbing the sort-after products Meghan wore.
Get the Look
So, here are my top products and tips for recreating Meghan Markle’s wedding make-up look. This fresh, luminous look will transform anyone into a bronzed, glowing bride.
- Start by applying Smashbox Radiance Primer in Golden Glow all over your face onto cleansed, toned and moisturised, clean skin. Leave at least one hour for your skincare to sink into your skin before applying any make-up.
- Apply a base of Soleil Tan de Chanel with your fingers. It gives a subtle ‘lit from within’ golden glow that lasts all day and photographs beautifully.
- For that sheer, natural look, apply Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation with a damp beauty blender. This gives a natural, airbrushed, dewy finish.
- Create smokey eyes using Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Natural Eyeshadow Palette.
- Apply lashings of Dior Iconic Mascara.
- Tame and fill your brows with Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow. You can also use this with a fine brush to create natural looking freckles! Lightly blot each freckle with your ring finger to smudge in slightly and create a super-natural look.
- Use Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Colour Stick for your cheeks, in Blush No.24.
- For subtle contouring use Nars Laguna Bronzing Powder.
- Hourglass Cosmetics Vanish Flash Highlighting Stick will add glow and dewiness.
- Apply Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder just over your t-zone to control unwanted shine.
- Finally, Charlotte Tilbury Very Victoria Matte Lipstick is the perfect cool pink/nude for the chic, natural bride.
So there you have it – 11 products you can use to create a make-up look like Meghan Markle’s for your big day. A beautiful, natural look, fit for a princess!
Guest post by Victoria Percival – Luxury Bridal Hair and Make-up Artist
Product Images from Manufacturers