You don’t have to wear your hair down to create a sexy look; this can easily be achieved by creating an updo as well. So, if you want heads to turn when you walk down that aisle, have your stylist create either a sultry demure updo, or hair down styled into sexy, glamorous waves.
Follow my step by step guides to create four simple but sexy bridal hairstyles.
Voluminous Updo Hairstyle
- Apply a styling cream to hair and blow-dry straight.
- Separate the front of your hair and clip out of the way for later.
- Lift small sections of the hair on the crown area and, using a comb, backcomb the hair down towards the scalp. Once you’ve teased the crown use a bristle brush to pull hair into a high ponytail and gently smooth. Secure with a rubber band.
- Twist the hair into a French twist and secure with pins. Spritz with hairspray.
- Go back to the front of the hair and with a round brush blow-dry straight, but twist the ends to give a feminine, soft look.
- Spritz with a firm-hold hairspray.
Half Up, Half Down Hairstyle
A beautiful way to do both…
- Spritz your roots with volumising mist and blow-dry with a round bristle brush.
- Set your hair on large heated rollers and leave to cool.
- Remove the rollers and run your fingers through your hair to loosen up the wave.
- Take a section of hair from both corners of your forehead and bring the hair up to the top of your crown. Secure with a small comb encrusted with jewels.
- To give a chic but messy look tug on some hair at your crown to create volume.
- Finish with a fine mist of hairspray.
Simple Blow-Dry Hairstyle
If your dress is slinky and elegant, why not choose a simple, stylishly polished blow-dry. Pull your hair over one shoulder or simply tuck the hair behind both ears to give a more demure look. This looks perfect on brunettes.
- Apply a lightweight, smooth styling cream to clean towel-dried hair.
- Section the hair and blow-dry using a flat bristle brush, starting at the nape of the neck. Blow-dry from the root to the ends. Continue with all the sections.
- If you want polka straight hair go over with ceramic flat irons.
- Finish with shine serum to create a glossy and sleek look.
Long Side-Swept Sexy Tousled Hairstyle
This look will always be on trend. Don’t worry if your hair is not long enough; adding hair extensions will give you both length and volume.
- Apply a styling cream to damp hair.
- Create a deep side parting then blow-dry the hair with a bristle brush.
- Taking large sections of hair, curl with a large barrelled curling iron or set in heated rollers. Leave to cool.
- Rub a few drops of shine serum in the palm of your hands, then work through the curls to separate and add beautiful shine.
- Sweep hair to one side and add a sparkling comb to add a touch of elegance.
Guest post by Severin Hubert of The Hepburn Collection
Voluminous Updo and Simple Blow-Dry: Lumiere Photography
Half Up, Half Down: Jade Oborne Photography
Long Side-Swept Sexy Tousled Hair: Craig and Eva Sanders Photography