I love DIY tissue paper pom poms. They are SO cheap to make, versatile, and brighten up any space. Huge single colour pom poms can be a rather dramatic statement, whereas smaller, colour coordinating pom poms can make cute table decorations, place settings, aisle runners, chair decorations, tree adornments or create a stunning backdrop.
Here’s how to make pom poms from tissue paper…
You Will Need…
- Tissue paper
- Fishing line/wire/strong string or thread
How to Make…
1. Take about eight sheets of your tissue paper and layer them on top of each other.
2. Fold in an accordion style at about 1 inch folds.
3. Secure at the middle with some string or wire.
4. Cut the ends into either a rounded or pointed shape.
5. Fan out the folds and gently tease apart the layers of tissue paper, one side at a time.
6. Fluff and tease the tissue paper into a round shape.
7. Place your DIY pom poms wherever you please. Attach more string to hang from the rafters or scatter at will.
Guest post by Laura Parker
Images from Laura Parker