Fresh or faux flowers worn in the hair are the ultimate bridal hair accessory for you and your bridesmaids. Bridal hair flowers can create a beautiful, romantic look to any theme and location, especially outdoor or beach weddings.
Fresh or Faux Bridal Hair Flowers?
Once you have decided to have flowers in your bridal hair the next step is to either opt for fresh or faux flowers. Both have my recommendation…
- Faux flowers are great if you want a particular type of flower but it’s out of season.
- Fresh flowers mix so well, especially if you want to create a flower crown to sit prettily on top of your head.
- With faux flowers you won’t have to worry about the flowers wilting in warm weather.
- Having fresh flowers for your hair can match your bridal bouquet perfectly.
- It’s easy to glue faux flowers to a barrette, hair comb or headband. Embellish with jewels to give a vintage feel.
- Place fresh flowers in a cool place or refrigerator and mist with a fine spray of water. Prepare them as close to the ceremony as possible.
Popular Bridal Hair Flowers
Here are some of the most popular fresh flower varieties for wedding hair:
- Calla Lily
- Gardenia Lily
Once you have decided on how you are going to wear your hair have a discussion with your hairdresser and florist for ideas. Large blooms work well with simple updos or hair down styles, whereas smaller flowers are more delicate looking and work with intricate hairstyles.
Guest post by Severin Hubert of The Hepburn Collection
Image courtesy of Anneli Marinovich Photography