Are you a cheese lover? If so, you will love the cheese from Godminster. Wedding cheese cakes are a great option if you’re considering alternatives to a traditional wedding cake. You could even have both (my idea of heaven, cheese and cake; not together though!).
Wedding cheese cakes from Godminster are simply divine, and would be a real treat for you and your wedding guests. Enjoy delicious handmade cheeses with breads, crackers, tangy chutneys, and fabulous meats.
The Godminster Farm is set on the outskirts of the picturesque town of Bruton, in the heart of Somerset. Registered organic in 1999, the farm has an environmentally friendly and ethical approach to farming. With 1,300 acres of beautiful landscape, the farm not only homes 280 organic dairy cows, but also boasts fruitful orchards filled with a variety of delicious fruits and herbs which inspire many of the Godminster products.
Godminster offers two options for wedding cheese cakes…
A beautiful 2.6kg tower of their finest cheeses, including:
- A Handmade 1kg Godminster Organic Traditional Brie
- 1kg Truckle Burgundy Waxed Godminster Vintage Organic Cheddar
- 200g Organic Brie with Black Pepper
- 200g Oak Smoked Vintage Organic Cheddar
- Godminster iconic 200g Vintage Organic Cheddar Heart Topper
This wedding cheese cake is suitable for approximately 25-35 people. £64
Godminster has teamed up with cheese makers to create this 10kg wedding cheese cake of pure deliciousness. This includes:
- 3kg Cornish Yarg. A light textured, low-fat handmade cheese wrapped in fresh nettles with a definite bite.
- 2kg Colston Bassett. Regarded as one of the best traditionally made naturally crusted Stiltons. Mature, with good blueing and rich, deep, herbaceous flavours that linger on the palate.
- 2 x 1kg Godminster Organic brie. This is Godminster’s creamy organic handmade brie. The taste is full and rich with subtle depths and flavours.
- 2kg Godminster Vintage Organic Cheddar. A wedding cheese cake wouldn’t be complete without Godminster organic cheddar.
- 750g Francis. A beautiful washed rind pungent cheese, with a sticky, richly-flavoured rind. Made from unpasteurised milk.
- 500g White Nancy Goats Cheese. A stunning handmade cheese from White Lake Cheeses, using milk from their own herd of 600 goats.
- 200g Goddess. A gold award-winning delectable semi-soft cheese made with rich Guernsey cow’s milk. The curds and rind are gently washed in Temperley Somerset Cider Brandy, giving the paste and the rind a wonderful silky golden hue.
- 200g. Godminster Vintage Organic Cheddar Heart. As delicious as its larger sibling!
This wedding cheese cake serves approximately 100-120 guests and stands at impressive 54cm in height. £239
I am a huge cheese lover, so was I very excited when Godminster sent us some of the cheeses from their wedding cheese cakes to try.
Godminster Heart to Heart Gift Pack
The Godminster Heart to Heart gift pack is a loving combination of their delicious vintage organic cheddar and heart-shaped organic brie, presented in a unique gift box. Cheddar and brie are two of my favourite cheeses, and I have to say that this is quite simply the nicest brie I have ever tried. It is so delicate and creamy, and almost melts in your mouth! The vintage cheddar is also mouth-wateringly good! It has a rich, strong flavour (as you would expect from a vintage cheese), and it is one of the best cheddars I have ever had.
We also tried the Godminster Oak-Smoked Vintage Organic Cheddar. WOW! This is just amazing. It came hand-wrapped in a muslin cloth, and now I know why! This fabulous cheese has such a strong smoked flavour that it’s kept wrapped to keep the smell in. Our office soon started smelling of this amazing smokiness. If you are a cheddar cheese lover then you must try this.
All the cheeses we tried from Godminster are divine. Everything from the taste (and of course the smell) to the packaging is wonderful.
A wedding cheese cake from Godminster should be on your wedding wish list. After all, all the best parties and celebrations include fabulous cheeses!