Interview With: Natasha Wiggins
Company Name: Wedding Hair and Make-up by Natasha Wiggins
Location / Coverage: Hampshire and Surrey
Describe your business
I am a hair and make-up artist, and I also have a small team of hair and make-up artist that work for me for weddings.
How did your business get started and how long has it been going?
I started my business after I qualified in 2003 and have been going ever since. I always knew that I wanted to do hair and make-up for brides, and have a real passion about helping my brides get the perfect look for there wedding day
Which areas of the UK do you cover?
We cover Surrey, Hampshire, Berkshire, Sussex, Kent and the borders of London.
What wedding services do you offer?
We offer hair and make-up for weddings, and we also offer beauty treatments including semi permanent lashes.
What sets you apart from other wedding hair and make-up artists?
We are a friendly team of hair and make-up artists and we go out of are way to create the perfect look for your wedding day.
What product ranges do you use?
The products we use are Mac, Laura Mercia, Bobbi Brown, Stila, and Nar’s.
What’s the best thing about your job?
The best thing about my job is helping brides feel confident and radiant as they walk down the aisle in front of their guest.
What are your top wedding make-up tips?
- Do not overload make-up; you still want to look like the woman your partner is in love with.
- You want enough make-up to give you a natural glow like you have just come back from holiday. Make-up should enhance your natural features and bring out your eyes and your lips, so everyone can see your true, natural beauty.
- You will need more powder on your wedding day as this will help when you get a bit hot and nervous, and sweat a bit! The extra powder ‘drinks’ the sweat so that you do not look shiny on camera.
- We always check the final make-up finish by putting a white sheet on you so you can see what it looks like with the white compared to your everyday top, and we try and get you in the sort of light the venue has so that you can see how the make-up looks with the true light and colour reflection of your wedding day.
- Finally, we always take photos of you so you can see what it looks like pictures.
What has been the biggest wedding make-up trend for 2013 so far?
A lot of brides are going for the dewy look.
Random question… What’s your favourite thing to do in the summer?
I like to sit in the sun with a glass of wine.
What is the most popular wedding hairstyle for 2013 so far?
This year the most popular hairstyle is a side bun.
Where can I find out more about Wedding Hair and Make-up by Natasha Wiggins?
Visit our website www.nwmake-up.co.uk