5 Ways to Get Fit Before You Leave the House
It’s wedding – and holiday season – but that doesn’t mean you’ve got any more spare time for the gym. Follow my top 5 tips for maximising exercise opportunities while you get ready for work!
- Crunch on waking. As soon as you’ve opened your eyes, you can start working on those abs. Bend your knees and keep your feet flat on the bed and slowly curl your trunk up off the bed as far as you can. Lower back down and repeat. Do 2 sets of 20.
- Dance to the radio. You don’t need to be running miles around the block to burn a bit of fat – crank up the radio (don’t annoy your neighbours, though) and dance vigorously for half an hour. Whatever takes your fancy – pretend you’re in The Saturdays, or thrash around the room Foo Fighters style... it all counts.
- Get out of breath. Well, yes, this could be getting up to you-know-what but unless you’re either a) a gymnast, or b) seriously, seriously out of shape, you-know-what is unlikely to get you puffing and panting. But racing up the stairs or jogging on the spot, coupled with tricep dips on the sofa and lunges while you hoover probably will.
- Squeeze in a bit of housework. In all seriousness, who’s going to clean the windows before they leave for work? But even bending down to stack the dishwasher gives your thighs a mini-workout.
- Squat while you brush. Practise some squats while you brush your teeth or work those knee lifts while you brush your hair... it all adds up.
Article by Diet and Fitness Expert Laura Williams
Image from Flickr Uploaded by Diana Parkhouse
Read more Health and Fitness Advice articles
Read other Wedding Advice articles