|Category:||Hen and Stag Party Advice|
Top 5 Most Popular UK Daytime Hen Party Activities 2011
This month I have put together a list of our top 5 most popular hen party activities so far during 2011. They are in no particular order as they are all as good as each other.
- Cupcake Decorating and Afternoon Tea has been a popular hen activity for a couple of years now. Carrie Bradshaw from Sex in the City fame brought the humble cupcake back into the limelight, and since then the market has exploded. Cupcake decorating is a superb leisurely activity where you can explore your artistic side whilst catching up with your friends. Afternoon tea makes a fantastic accompaniment to cupcake decorating; enjoy dainty finger sandwiches, scones served with jam and cream and an unlimited choice of tea; how very retro!
- Another extremely sought after hen activity is the Rickshaw Cocktail Bar Tour, which is based around the affluent West End of London. Hop aboard your rickshaws at a predetermined starting point and be whisked off to some super cocktail bars. Enjoy having someone else finding you great bars, not getting lost and best of all not having to pedal.
- Pamper Days are still firmly in the hen parties top 5 as it gives the whole group a chance to relax, unwind and have a good old chat. Most pamper days include at least one treatment and full use of the spa facilities, which normally include an indoor heated swimming pool, Jacuzzi, steam room, and if your are feeling really energetic the gym.
- Royal Ascot this year has been a huge seller, with the most popular date being the 18th June; the final day of the Royal Meeting always provides a dramatic climax to the week, and due to its immense popularity it sold out in the early part of 2011! Hens love the chance to get dressed up in their finery, ready to enjoy the thrills and spills of the splendor of Royal Ascot. For the first time this year we sold more tickets/packages for Royal Ascot to hens rather than stag parties.
- Finally, for the hen party looking for some adrenaline pumping action, White Water Rafting is the activity of choice. More hen parties have ridden the rapids this year than ever before. As the years go by (they seem to get quicker!) more and more hen parties are starting to book more adventurous activities such as gorge scrambling, rage buggies, clay pigeon shooting and also West Country games.
Article by Hen and Stag Party Organiser Marco Walker
Image from Flickr by Steve and Jemma Copley
Read more Hen and Stag Party Advice articles
Read other Wedding Advice articles