The Most Popular Wedding Breakfast Menus of 2010
As I get stuck into planning for 2011 and 2012, I was curious to see which wedding breakfast menus were the most popular amongst our brides in 2010.
I took a good look at our list of suggested menus and totted up those most often selected (we always start with these basic dishes then bespoke them around a couple’s tastes).
So here is a list of the winning dishes, I have starred the winners in each category*.
The overall winner was ‘Roasted Rump of Lamb’ which appeared on one out of every five menu selections regardless of season. Succulent, British and far more cost effective than beef!
- * Smoked salmon parfait served with fennel remoulade and homemade dill bread
- Portobello mushroom stuffed with parmesan, roast garlic and thyme with demi tasse of wild mushroom soup
- Fresh crab tian with avocado and mango with micro shoots and chive oil
- * Roasted rump of lamb with dauphinoise potatoes, fine French beans and a rich burgundy jus
- Fillet of sea bass, whipped lemon mash, char grilled Mediterranean vegetables, basil crisps and herb oil
- Pistachio and shallot stuffed duck on a bed of celeriac pomme puree with confit Savoy cabbage and Marsala jus
- Corn fed chicken stuffed with chestnut mushrooms, ricotta and roasted garlic, served on white and wild rice pilaf, with rosemary roasted courgette wedges and red pepper coulis
- * Warm molten chocolate cake served with ginger poached pears and vanilla mascarpone
- Lavender roasted peaches on a brioche croute with fresh vanilla bean mascarpone
- Vanilla panna cotta with summer berries and chocolate wafers
Article by Wedding Catering Specialist Julie Gray
Image Courtesy of Guy Collier Photography
Read more Wedding Catering Advice articles
Read other Wedding Advice articles